You can easily generate QR Code under Ubuntu using the command line ‘qrencode’ package. In Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal, you can install qrencode using this command:
apt-get install qrencode
To generate QR Code image, you only need to run this command:
qrencode -l L -v 1 -o qrcode-test.png "Hello, World!"
QR Code is a form of 2 dimensional barcode which can store arbitary text data including URL, email or plain text. For more information, please refer to the QR Code Wikipedia Entry
Keep updated with the latest posts, be a part of over 1,000 subscribers! : Subscribe to your email
You might also want to read...
- Generate EAN,UPC,ISBN barcodes in Ubuntu / Debian Linux
- How to change uuid for a block device / hard drive partition in Linux
- How to crack SHA1, MD5 and Windows NTLM password hash using Rainbow tables in Linux
- Ubuntu Linux : How to combine multiple PDF file
- How to Shutdown and Reboot Linux PC automatically
- Ubuntu: How to create a lot of entropy for GPG key generation from command line
- robots.txt – Uncrawlable code.google.com ?