After upgrading my AMD decTOP with 160GB hdd, I’ve decided to install a fresh new operating system on it for some side-project that I’m working on. I choose to install Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.3 (Squeeze) on the machine.
The machine is currently running lighttpd web server with PHP5, samba server and sshd (using public-key authentication).
The specs of the machine are outlined in the screenshot.
You can read more information regarding AMD DecTOP on Wikipedia
Keep updated with the latest posts, be a part of over 1,000 subscribers! : Subscribe to your email
You might also want to read...
- Microsoft Windows XP on vanilla AMD decTOP (Geode) – wished Linux GUI is this light
- Debian Squeeze 6.0.2 update (Security – important)
- Howto solve ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host error
- My experience with AMD decTOP computer running on Android
- Debian AMD64 is not limited to AMD machines only
- How to add contrib and non-free repository in Debian GNU/Linux
- Why I prefer Debian GNU/Linux for my web server…