I found this extension as I was searching for a great application to generate EAN-13 compatible barcode. This OpenOffice.org extension allows you to generate 5 different types of barcode generally found in the market, such as :
- UPC-A (the most common barcode in the US)
- EAN-13 (the most common barcode in Europe)
- JAN (the barcode used in Japan, basically EAN-13 with the country code for Japan)
- ISBN-13 (the barcode used in books after 2007, basically EAN-13 with a superscript)
- ISBN-10 (the barcode used in books before 2007, basically EAN-13 with a different superscript)
Here’s how to install the extension :
- First go to OpenOffice.org extensions website, then search for the barcode extension
- Download the extension – barcode.oxt
- Then start OpenOffice.org, go to Tools and select Extension Manager
- When a dialog appears, click on Add, then find and select barcode.oxt, the extension will be installed on your OpenOffice.o
- To test the extension, start OpenOffice.org Draw, go to Insert, and selects Barcode, you can choose any of the barcode type to generate inside OpenOffice.org, type in the barcode value and it will be displayed on the page, with no extra effort!
Keep updated with the latest posts, be a part of over 1,000 subscribers! : Subscribe to your email
You might also want to read...
- Generate EAN,UPC,ISBN barcodes in Ubuntu / Debian Linux
- Generate QR Code in Ubuntu Linux
- Upcoming OpenOffice.org 3.0 supports Microsoft OpenXML (docx) out of the box
- PHP – Generate PDF on-the-fly with FPDF
- Ubuntu: How to create a lot of entropy for GPG key generation from command line
- Customised Blogger.com Templates with PsycHo!
- Generate Ubuntu apt-get Source.lst automatically