Blackbuntu is a Ubuntu-based distro used for penetration testing and security auditing. Blackbuntu is designed to be used by students and practitioners who are interested in the field of information security.
Blackbuntu tools are divided into several categories:
- Information Gathering
- Network Mapping
- Vulnerability Identification
- Privilege Escalation
- Radio Network Analysis
- VoIP Analysis
- Digital Forensic
- Reverse Engineering
Which includes these tools among others: Lanmap2, nmbscan, dnsmap, fierce, hostmap, ltrace, tctrace, sqlbrute, sqlmap,sqlninja, mysqloit, sqlcheck, wfuzz,xsser,xssploit,jmeter, nikto2,skipfish,wbox, autopsy,scalpel,mboxgrep,galetta,afstats, wepcrack,giskismet,fakeap,aircrack-ng,cowpatty,bluebugger,bluescan, bluesnarfer, iwar,protos-sip,sipcrack,brutessh,hydra,sshater
…and many more.
Blackbuntu can be downloaded from its official website – http://www.blackbuntu.com/
Keep updated with the latest posts, be a part of over 1,000 subscribers! : Subscribe to your email
You might also want to read...
- BackTrack – Penetration Testing (pentest) Live CD!
- Multi Distro – Get 9 Different Linux distro in a CD
- Using lsb_release to get Ubuntu release information
- Linuxtracker – GNU/Linux torrent tracker site
- Which GNU/Linux Distro is Right For You?
- I’m Officially a Debian GNU/Linux user now!
- Some of the things I love about Ubuntu (Software Repository)