This guide might be a little different from the others because I write this for the Windows users. Here’s how to convert Microsoft OpenXML docx files to odf OpenDocument files (and vice versa) in Windows using only commandline :
- First, make sure you downloaded odf-converter tool and copy it to appropriate folder.
- Convert the files(s) using this command line :
odfconverter /I filename.pptx
and the tool will perform the conversion effortlessly.
- You can use this command to convert multiple files :
odfconverter /BATCH-DOCX /I c:\newfiles\
replace /BATCH-DOCX with
/BATCH-PPTX, /BATCH-XLSX, /BATCH-ODF, /BATCH-ODPif necessary.
Odfconverter also supports converting Open Document files (ODF, ODP, ODT) to OpenXML files (PPTX,DOCX,XLSX) making it a handy tool to use.
Odfconverter is a (relatively) small and compact standalone tool for converting Office 2007 files to their OpenDocument counterpart. The convenient batch mode conversion makes it attractive tool to use when converting multiple files between the two formats.
The only downside with this converter is that it does not convert mathematical formula pretty well compared to other features.
Keep updated with the latest posts, be a part of over 1,000 subscribers! : Subscribe to your email
You might also want to read...
- How to open Office 2007 OpenXML in OpenOffice.org
- Docvert – Web Service software that converts MS Word files to OpenDocument (odf)
- Upcoming OpenOffice.org 3.0 supports Microsoft OpenXML (docx) out of the box
- How to open Microsoft OpenXML *.docx file in OpenOffice Ubuntu
- How to convert *.docx files (Microsoft Office 2007) online for free
- How to open Microsoft OpenXML docx documents in OpenOffice
- OpenDocument is now ISO approved!