Keyserver is used for storing and distributing OpenGPG keys. The Ubuntu project also maintains its own keyserver ( http://keyserver.ubuntu.com ) for distributing public-key to users.
keyserver uses HKP Keyserver protocol which listens on port 11371
Here’s how to enable the keyserver port on iptables:
iptables -A OUTPUT -p tcp -d <key server ip> --dport 11371 -j ACCEPT
Keep updated with the latest posts, be a part of over 1,000 subscribers! : Subscribe to your email
You might also want to read...
- Howto make SSH listens on multiple port
- How to limit MySQL port access to specific network
- Iptables rule to safeguard SSH server from crackers
- How to secure server from SYN-flood attack using iptables
- How to secure your SSH server
- Limiting the number of connections to SSH Server using Iptables
- How to: Quick and Dirty Web Server Load Balancing with IPTables in Linux