The new release of Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) is just around the corner! It comes with a load of new features including :
- Cool desktop effects with Compiz support out from the box
- New Printing Service (Automatically setup connected printer)
- Integrated Desktop Search with Tracker
- Graphical X configuration tool, supports system with dual monitor
- Fast User Switching
- Latest XOrg and GNOME version
With all these new features and latest softwares from repositories, I think it makes no sense not to upgrade to Gutsy Gibbon unless if you don’t have a fast internet connection or way too crazy to upgrade.
How to upgrade to Gutsy Gibbon
Upgrading to Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon is painless. You only need to press “Alt-F2” from the desktop to launch the “Run Application” dialog, and type “gksu update-manager -c”.
You will the be presented with this dialog
Press Upgrade and sit back, grab a cup of coffee while your Ubuntu operating system is being upgraded to Gutsy Gibbon.
That’s all, happy upgrading!
Note that Gutsy Gibbon upgrades will only be available on or after 18 October 2007, so stay tuned!
[tags]ubuntu,linux,debian,opensource,feisty,gutsy,gutsy gibbon,feisty fawn[/tags]