I always wanted a smooth development machine which can run multiple virtual machine (VM) at once, which is a must when testing app that is meant to be portable across different platform. So just before Ramadhan (in July), I bought 8GB RAM and 1TB hdd from a local pc shop and proceed to set-up my development machine.
The machine already has 4GB ram so adding the extra RAM bumped it to 12GB. The machine I was running is an older Intel Core i5, which is decent enough to execute all the VM that is necessarily when developing and testing the app.
with all those RAM, seems it’ll be quite a while before I use the swap space again.
Keep updated with the latest posts, be a part of over 1,000 subscribers! : Subscribe to your email
You might also want to read...
- Ubuntu 12.10 Performance Comparison : 64-bit vs 32-bit
- My experience with AMD decTOP computer running on Android
- Ubuntu One Files client for Android phones
- Google Nexus 7 running on Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail
- Microsoft Windows XP on vanilla AMD decTOP (Geode) – wished Linux GUI is this light
- Speed up internet access and browsing in Ubuntu by disabling IPV6
- Mozilla Fennec 1.9.2 builds for Android