I’ve uploaded Windows XP driver for Winbond W89C35 as it can enable the use of Winbond USB wifi dongle (VID:0416 PID:0035) under Ubuntu Lucid Lynx.
Follow the step-by-step instruction as outlined in the Ubuntu Wiki page, in order to use the driver with ndiswrapper.
p/s: I’ve uploaded this driver because I find a lot of websites out there that offers fake Winbond W89C35 drivers.
p/s 2: Of course I would recommend the rest of the users out there to buy a more Linux-friendly USB wifi dongle, such as from TP-Link
, D-Link, Netgear or TRENDnet which I found to be very portable across operating systems.
Keep updated with the latest posts, be a part of over 1,000 subscribers! : Subscribe to your email
You might also want to read...
- B43 broadcom linux driver supported chipset
- How to Setup Skype USB Phone to use with Ekiga (under Ubuntu)
- Read and Write NTFS filesystem with Ubuntu Linux
- Video: Cracking Wifi WEP Keys using Backtrack 4 and aircrack-ng
- How to Boot Linux from USB Drive
- Open Graphic Card – An Alternative to Nvidia, ATI
- Ubuntu Hardy Heron : Wifi Broadcom Support with b43 driver