Those who are keeping up with the updates knows that Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal has been released yesterday!
However now I’m going to share two great features that I like about Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal.
#1. New GRUB menu that hides old kernel after updates!
Now, GRUB menu always display “Ubuntu” with each kernel update. All previous kernels are grouped together under the “Advanced options for Ubuntu”.
So you get:
This will keep the computer from listing too many kernels on the boot menu, which is messy in itself.
#2. Remote Login option!
Ubuntu Quantal Quetzal allows users to login remotely to Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) server right from Ubuntu Greeter.
Other Features worth mentioning
- Linux kernel 3.5
- LibreOffice 188.8.131.52, featuring menu that can be integrated to Unity menu.
Keep updated with the latest posts, be a part of over 1,000 subscribers! : Subscribe to your email
You might also want to read...
- Putting Colors to GRUB Bootloader menu
- Installing GRUB in USB Flash Drive
- How to remove Amazon Shopping search result from Unity
- How to use FTP in Ubuntu Linux
- How to install Unity 6.x backports to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise)
- How to recover GRUB using Ubuntu Live CD (12.04 LTS)
- Howto Bypass Ubuntu Login Screen