‘barcode‘ is a utility in Debian GNU/Linux distribution used for generating common 1-D barcode: EAN-13, EAN-8, UPC, ISBN, code93, code128 & codabar.
barcode outputs file in postscript format which can be converted to PDF with the ‘ps2pdf‘ utility
1. Outputs isbn barcode and converts it to PDF file
$ barcode -o barcode.ps -e isbn $ ps2pdf barcode.ps
2. Outputs EAN-13 barcode
$ barcode -o barcode-ean.ps -e ean
If you are looking for a tool that could generate QR Code, then you can try ‘qrencode‘
Keep updated with the latest posts, be a part of over 1,000 subscribers! : Subscribe to your email
You might also want to read...
- Generate QR Code in Ubuntu Linux
- Introducing Debian From Scratch (DFS)
- Generate Ubuntu apt-get Source.lst automatically
- Why I prefer Debian GNU/Linux for my web server…
- ssh-vulkey : How to test weak SSH keys on your server
- Debian founder uses Ubuntu too!
- Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 (Etch) was officially released