I’m getting “The Art of Community: Building the New Age of Participation“, a book written by Jono Bacon, Ubuntu Community Manager (UCM).
In this book, Jono offers a collection of experiences and observations from his involvement in building and managing communities, including his current position as Ubuntu Community Manager, arguably the largest community in open source software.
The content of the book, will help you to:
- Develop a strategy, with specific objectives and goals, for building your community
- Build simple, non-bureaucratic processes to help your community perform tasks, work together, and share successes
- Provide tools and infrastructure that let contributors work quickly
- Create buzz around your community to get more people involved
- Track the community’s work so it can be optimized and simplified
- Explore a capable, representative governance strategy for your community
- Identify and manage conflict, including dealing with divisive personalities
This book is useful to those who are in a position that manages and responsible towards online communities, including day-to-day management, governance, managing conflics and how to promotes the community effectively.
An online preview is this book is available from Amazon Bookstore
“, a book written by Jono Bacon, Ubuntu Community Manager (UCM). website.
Keep updated with the latest posts, be a part of over 1,000 subscribers! : Subscribe to your email
You might also want to read...
- I’m selling Webbots, Spiders, and Screen Scrapers Book
- Screenshots of the upcoming Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot
- Ascii art in movies (The Matrix)
- Early look on Ubuntu Friendly – Ensure the hardware you buy would supports Ubuntu!
- How to Start a Business / Panduan Memulakan Perniagaan
- Introducing my new cooperative blog – #fakap community speaks
- Book Giveaway: Linux Module Programming Guide