Here is the command-line you can use to conver AVI video to Animated GIF, which then can be embedded in forum or profile signature.
ffmpeg -i video_original.avi gif_animation.gif
Note that ffmpeg must support the video encoding of the AVI file, (usually DiVX or XviD).
Keep updated with the latest posts, be a part of over 1,000 subscribers! : Subscribe to your email
You might also want to read...
- ffmpeg – How to Convert AVI video files to 3gp for phone
- Collections of ffmpeg tips and usage
- Burn DVD video using any video files (avi, mpg, etc) under Linux
- Howto Convert FLV (Youtube, Google Video) files to AVI in Linux
- FFMpeg based FLV to 3gp batch converter scripts
- FLV2MPEG4 : Convert FLV to MPEG4
- Create Professional Photo Slideshow DVD in Linux with Imagination