One of the changes made in Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon is Compiz enabled by default on installation. However the Compiz desktop effect setting are modest at best when enabled out-from-the-box in Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon.
How to Customize Compiz effect in Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon
From Desktop, go to Applications->Add/Remove…, search for ‘compiz’ and then install the CompizConfig utilities.
CLI lover might want to “sudo apt-get install compizconfig-settings-manager”.
To customize Compiz effects, just go to System->Preference, and select Advance Desktop Effects Settings.
There you go, a simple guide how to enable Compiz setting manager for Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon). From here, you can add and remove compiz effects according to your needs and processing power budget. Hope you’ll find it useful !
Keep updated with the latest posts, be a part of over 1,000 subscribers! : Subscribe to your email
You might also want to read...
- Enabling automatic update in Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon
- How to upgrade Ubuntu from Feisty Fawn to Gutsy Gibbon
- Order a free copy of Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) now from ShipIt
- Crispy Clear Font on Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon?
- Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon going to include GUI Xorg.conf configurator
- Update: Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon works on Compaq Presario V3521 Laptop
- The Next Ubuntu 8.04 release announced, Hardy Heron