I discovered lanmap during my stay in a hotel during the Merdeka holidays. This little handy tool can generate local area network map in PNG,SVG and GIF format by listening to network traffic from network interfaces.
lanmap does this by putting network interface in promiscuous mode and representing the data its sees into a 2-d human-readable network graph. It has the advantage of identifying the network traffic being passed around the network along with the name and the operating system of the host which are represented on the graphical representation as well.
My House Local Area Network
Local Area Network from a Hotel that I stayed in
You can download lanmap from its official website. Lanmap is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2.0.
Keep updated with the latest posts, be a part of over 1,000 subscribers! : Subscribe to your email
You might also want to read...
- How to optimize MySQL tables automatically using cron
- Sugar Rationing in Kedah
- maps.ubuntu.com Ubuntu Servers on the World Map!
- Generate Ubuntu apt-get Source.lst automatically
- How to use SCP on Linux or other UNIX-based Environment
- How to convert OpenXML docx files to OpenDocument odf in Windows and vice versa
- How to back up hard drive image over network in GNU Linux