Good news everyone, google now supports hosting for open source project via Google Code, for the time being Google Code only supports hosting svn account with a select few open source license such as GNU/GPL, GNU/LGPL, Apache License 2.0, MIT License, MPL 1.1, and the new BSD license variant.
Google stated in it’s code FAQ that it may support other features as well like tarball hosting,forum and bug tracking. For the time being. You can open an open source project via Google code right now providing that your project has a different name than existing project in Sourforge.net, another open source hosting service.
Keep updated with the latest posts, be a part of over 1,000 subscribers! : Subscribe to your email
You might also want to read...
- Google Code Hosting now supports Git!
- robots.txt – Uncrawlable code.google.com ?
- How to use SVN (Subversion) on Google Code hosting
- How to use SVN for beginners
- Nokia releases Python for S60 source code (pys60)
- Howto Manage Successful Open Source Software Projects Books
- Halloween Specials: Unmetered and Unlimited Web Hosting Space