Came across this article which discusses about Atom 1.0 and RSS 2.0 features. I’m interested in this article because I also in the process of implementing/writing RSS/Atom feed plugin myself.
The document itself seems to bias on Atom 1.0 feed, and contain one factual error in which it states that Blogger publishing protocol is widely use with RSS, which is wrong. Blogger use Atom api as its publishing protocol.
Other than that, this document is great is you want to glance through the differences between RSS 2.0 and Atom 1.0 which is (becoming) an IETF standards-track RFC.
Read the article : RSS 2.0 and Atom1.0, Compared
Keep updated with the latest posts, be a part of over 1,000 subscribers! : Subscribe to your email
You might also want to read...
- Yahoo Media RSS extension (mRSS) and Photo Galleries
- RSS 2.0 / Atom 1.0 for Coppermine 1.3.x plugin
- Planned Improvements on PHP FeedCreator-ppt (1.8.0)
- Microsoft release specs for Simple Sharing Extensions (SSE)
- Blogs news feeds that I subscribed
- WordPress 2.2 is going to be released, pretty soon!
- Using Feedcreator to generate ATOM 1.0 feeds