Have trouble finding FOSS software that uses GUI? Are you seeking certain apps that would fit nicely on your GNOME desktop? Then, you should pay a visit to GnomeFiles
GnomeFiles is a software repository which list GTK+/GNOME application exclusively. The website lists applications (in source or binary form) created for the GNOME Desktop and also all GTK+ applications (Unix/Linux/Windows & SkyOS).
The website also list application which uses Gnome/GTK+ bindings such as wxWidgets, pyGTK, GTK#, Java SWT, perl-GTK2, ruby-GTK, etc.
Although GnomeFiles also accepts application submission which is not 100% FOSS, but IMHO, it is a great source to search for GUI application which is supported under Unix-like system, such as GNU/Linux and *BSD.
Visit GnomeFiles at http://gnomefiles.org
Keep updated with the latest posts, be a part of over 1,000 subscribers! : Subscribe to your email
You might also want to read...
- Gnomefiles Firefox search plugin !
- Linux GTK+ 1337-generator : Text to Leetspeak converter
- Blastwave.org – Software repository for Solaris
- Howto create a simple Debian/Ubuntu Repository
- GTK+ 3.2 enables running application on web browsers remotely
- gNewSense – a completely free software distro based on Ubuntu
- How to add contrib and non-free repository in Debian GNU/Linux